The Game Changers launches
A new podcast called The Game Changers launches on Tuesday June 4. Created and hosted by our CEO, Sue Anstiss MBE, the series celebrates extraordinary, trailblazing women in sport.
The Game Changers first series features a remarkable line up of women including:
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – 11 times Paralympic Champion
- Chrissie Wellington OBE – four times Ironman World Champion
- Sally Munday MBE – CEO at England and GB Hockey and new CEO at UK Sport
- Maggie Alphonsi MBE – Rugby World Cup winner
- Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE – Olympic Hockey Gold Medalist
- Jo Bostock MBE – Co-founder and CEO Women’s Sport Trust
- Pamela Cookey – England Netball legend
- Dame Katherine Grainger – Olympic rower turned Chair of UK Sport
The high-profile guests talk frankly about their historic careers, what drives them, how they’ve dealt with some of the toughest challenges they’ve faced and their future aspirations.
Sue, a trustee at the Women’s Sport Trust, is passionate about the power of women’s sport to knock down barriers and challenge the status quo and was awarded an MBE in 2018 for her services to grassroots and women’s sport.
Commenting on her inspiration for The Game Changers, Sue says: “I’m a big fan of podcasts, and whilst there are some fantastic sports podcasts around, few consistently feature women’s sport.
“This started as a bit of a passion project for me – hoping to play my own part in raising the profile of women’s sport by highlighting these amazing stories – but it has rapidly grown into something much bigger.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the openness of these incredible women to share their stories in order to inspire others. It’s no wonder they are all trailblazers in women’s sport, whether that’s breaking records and winning gold medals or transforming the way women’s sport is accessed, managed, funded and portrayed.”
The first series of The Game Changers launches on June 4 with two podcasts simultaneously released featuring Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson and Chrissie Wellington OBE. Future episodes will be released on Tuesdays throughout the summer.
The Game Changers is available across all usual channels including iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn and Libsyn. You can find out more about all the guests at www.promotepr.com/gamechangers