Motivating a sporting generation
Sue was hugely inspired by the young students she met yesterday as a guest speaker for the Sports Science department at Bath University. The fantastic session was organised by Tom Judge, a third year student at Bath who worked with Promote last summer as part of his year in industry.
Addressing the enthusiastic audience Sue shared lots of great advice for graduates entering the working world. Her key recommendations were:
- Stay true to yourself / follow your passion
- Step out of your comfort zone – often
- ‘Put your hand up’ – take on new things
- Be open minded about any opportunities
- Volunteer your services to help your CV
- Help others
- Be honest and open
- Network, network, network
Joining Sue as presenters were Peter Fitzboydon, CEO of Parkwood Leisure and Carl Konadu, CEO and Founder of 2-3 Degrees.