I've started so I'll finish... Neil Randall
Each month we ask one of our clients to complete our quick questionaire – giving you more background to the people making the biggest impact in the world of sport and fitness.
This month it’s Neil Randall, recently promoted to COO at Anytime Fitness UK. Here’s what he said
1. What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve ever been given?
Hire the best people, and be open to giving them opportunities…don’t be afraid or close them down if they push you or challenge you- talented and engaged people help you to execute strategy and ultimately succeed.
2. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A professional Cricketer was always my ambition as a youngster
3. What’s your proudest sporting achievement?
Playing a part in a 100 run partnership batting in my first professional cricket match in Bristol.
4. What will be the biggest development in the sport/fitness industry in the next 5 years?
Technology- the use of it to enable and allow more people to access health and wellness support and coaching. Above this, collection of data that allows the industry to understand and create concepts/ products and programming to improve the health and wellness of the UK.
5. Where will we find you on social media?
6. Tell us something we would never guess about you?
I love music and seem to be able to memorise lyrics from just listening…but as much as I love to sing them- I am completely tone deaf!
7. Are you more fit or less fit than you were 10 years ago?
I’d say about the same- I have always been pretty regimented and train very regularly…the type of training I do now is a bit different as I get older (little less heavy lifting and more about range, and flexibility and aerobic capacity)
8. You’re on a desert island and can take a book, film and box set. What would they be?
Book: Outliers- Malcom Gladwell
Film: Shawshank Redemption
Box Set: 24
9. Which traditional media do you regularly consume?
TV, Radio, Newspapers and magazines
10. How would people describe you in three words?
Ambitious, honest, tenacious