We endeavour to keep this area up to date with all information that we distribute to the media. If you are after something in particular and cannot find it here please contact us and we’ll be happy to source it for you (wherever possible!).
Due to the volume of recent contract wins and leisure industry successes, Places for People Leisure has appointed Martin Anderson as Capital Projects Director. With 25 years’ experience in the leisure sector, Martin joins Peter Kirkham’s team.
Martin is well equipped for the role, having most recently worked alongside Places for People Leisure and local authorities in the development of West Bromwich Leisure Centre, Gosport Leisure Centre and many other projects.
As a qualified chartered surveyor, and whilst working as a Director at a small consultancy, Martin project managed the development of a number of facilities including eight high-end racket centres in the private sector.
Places for People Leisure currently operates over 100 local authority facilities and with that number set to grow over the next few years Martin says: “For a large part of my career I’ve been working alongside Places for People Leisure (formerly DC Leisure) on several successful public-private partnership projects. Even though building and opening a new centre is a tough process, there’s nothing more rewarding than seeing the finished project and people enjoying the facility. I’m really looking forward to working alongside Peter Kirkham who is incredibly well respected in the sector. As a team we have incredible expertise and a sound offering so I’m looking forward to opening many more leisure facilities across the UK.”
Development Director, Peter Kirkham confirms: “Our growth plan over the coming years recognises the need for additional expertise and Martin, with considerable experience in our sector, will be a highly valuable member of the team.”
~ Ends ~
Promote PR Ltd
Copthall House, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1QS
t: 01628 507 661 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Places for People Leisure:
· Partners 30 local authorities across England
· Manages 100 leisure centres nationwide
· Attracts 25 million leisure centre visits each year
· Leads 52,000 swimming lessons per week
· Employs over 6,000 staff
· Crowned Leisure Operator of the Year 2013 & 2014 by ukactive
· Winner of the 2013 Apprenticeship Provider of the Year Award, in partnership with Lifetime Training
· Winner of the Royal Society for Public Health Award 2013
· Ranked number 1 in the Quest Sports Development National League Table
About Places for People Group:
· One of the UK’s largest property groups
· Works in 230 local authorities, owning or managing 82,000 properties