The team go large in Birmingham
Five of our team were at the BP: Fitness Trade Show at the NEC in Birmingham yesterday. The show, which is run by the team who own BodyPower Expo UK, is the latest format of what was formally Leisure Industry Week (LIW).
Alison, Nasima, Sue, Tom and Olivia had an action-packed day, catching up with lots of our wonderful clients including TRX, YMCAfit and Life Fitness. We also met some key trade media contacts and reviewed over 100 exhibition stands displaying innovative fitness offerings.
Whilst none of our clients were exhibiting at the show this year, it didn’t stop us bumping into many industry friends throughout the day. We’re not sure how the show was for exhibitors, but the venue provided an excellent day of networking for our team.
Here’s six highlights from our day:
1) The team met with WorkOut Magazine editor, Christina Eccles, to discuss opportunities for our clients and her plans for the magazine next year. We were also excited to hear more about the National Fitness Awards, taking place in Leicester on December 1.
2) Sue got some tips on technique from the Concept 2 stand to help in her training for the British Rowing Indoor Championships in December.
3) We caught up with our lovely new client Kate Fearon, from Central YMCA an incredible health, education and wellbeing charity which helps people of all ages to live happier, healthier and more fulfilled lives. We’re delighted to be handling the PR for YMCAfit, YMCA Training and YMCA Club in the upcoming months.
4) We all marveled at the giant iPro Sport isotonic sports drink bottles!
5) We enjoyed the noise and entertainment on the Escape stand – even though Steve Barrett was no longer there on the microphone to give us a personal ‘hello Team Promote’ as we walked by.
6) The newer members of our team were amused at how Sue seemed seemed to know everyone as we walked around the show. Perhaps that’s what 25 years in the fitness industry will do for you!