Breakfast under threat?
Meridian recently carried out a nationwide survey to delve deeper into the breakfast habits of the nation which revealed:
- Nearly half (47%) of Brits spend less than 10 minutes on breakfast
- The average time for breakfast is 13 minutes compared to 30 for dinner
- One in ten Brits don’t eat breakfast at all
- Over half (58%) of people eat the same every day or alternate a few options
- People in the South West are the best breakfast eaters – 53% eat it every day
- Nearly two thirds (62%) of Londoners miss breakfast at least once a week, the highest in the country
- Londoners most likely to eat breakfast on-the-go, one in five (21%) eat on their commute, at work, in client meetings or at the gym.
Working with Meridian Ambassadors James Haskell and Alex Danson, we're helping educate the nation about the importance of a well-balanced breakfast and the ease and versatility of introducing nut butters at the start of the day. A nourishing breakfast doesn't have to be time consuming. Just stirring nut butter into porridge increases B vitamins, iron, magnesium and zinc all of which are needed for energy to get your through the morning.
More information here